Pages

Windy walks with an old friend.

Friday 16 January 2015



Having been feeling a little down recently I decided the only thing for it was a dog walk!
I hopped in the car (wellies safely stowed in the back as it has been very windy and wet recently.) and headed to my parents to pick up this little scally wag!




This is Harley, we got Harley when I was 8 and I honestly could not imagine life without this little man.
Harley isn’t like most dogs he doesn’t get overly excitable and is just happy to lie down and have a cuddle instead of chasing a ball.
Going for walks with him is like going for a walk with an old friend, he takes his time and likes to take in all the different smells.
At thirteen years old he has had a pretty good life including moving to Portugal for five of those years.
It’s a good age for a Labrador so obviously we are all thinking of the next year or so being his last,  it makes me want to savour every last bit of his presence before he's too tired to rise from his little doggy bed for more than a minute.
In his old age long walks are now a thing of the past so I lassoed him with a lead and off we trotted round the block quickly, which was enough to make his doggy chops draw back in a smile.







Visiting my parents is now a bit different from popping round for a cuppa as about 8 months ago they decided that they were going to run a pub.
So going to see my mum and dad also means a nice hearty pub lunch as well as a nice cuppa, I wasn’t to hungry today so I just went for creamy basil mushrooms on toasted bread (with a naughty side of chips shhhh!)



 I will do a proper review on the pub and food on a later date but although you may think I’m biased as they are family I wouldn’t bother blogging about the food if I didn’t actually love it!
I mean why waste the time and space?
The Royal Oak in Burford has got an amazing atmosphere thanks to its regular local drinkers and also good home style food, so go give them a visit trust me it’s worth it!








Outfit

Wellies – Hunters
Jeans- Topshop
Jumper- Crew
Jacket- Crew



 Dont you just love a good walk?

Ellen 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs